Google
 
Web holistic-denzuko1.blogspot.com

11/12/2022

Are you for real, UMNO?

 UMNO has just released their manifesto a few days ago. There are only a few points but created quite a huge disturbance in the force. Not because it was spectacular, but ridiculous.

Their manifesto covers a few areas:

1) Recognize Malaysian citizenship of children born oversea with mother of Malaysia citizenship:

I went to the Malaysian embassy in Singapore many years ago (early 2000) and asked the same question, the person in charge told me that citizenship follows the mother. Either that lady lied to me or UMNO and BN is pulling a fast one. 

Not only that, but most of the citizens oversea are also of non-Malay ethnic origin. Is UMNO to say that the government under BN is barring citizenship of offspring of citizen who are non-Malay all these time? You really do not treat us as equal in the country. There is no reason for non-Malay to support the country then since we are so unwelcome in our own country.

I for one will never reciprocate with kindness when the other side try treating me like shit.

2) Ensuring minimum income of MYR2,208 for B40 household:

the first thing I did was to check on number of households in Malaysia, which is 8.2Mil. Assuming B40 = lowest 40%, which is 3.3Mil. If each family receives 2,208 per month, it will equate to MYR86Bil! That will be greater than1MDB! Where is the government going to get this money?

My brother then pointed out to me that there is further categorization where B1 of B40 is the only group below MYR2,499, with median at around1,599. 

I then further breakdown the subgroup, since with no data on the size of B1, I assume a 1:2:3:4 ratio, lading to 1.312 mil household. At the same time, I consider a mean subsidy of MYR600 per month per household to reach the minimum MYR2,208. That will give me MYR9.4Bil. this is much smaller but still a sizeable amount. So where is UMNO going to find the money to pay up? 

Furthermore, the number of families benefit from this is only 1.312Mil, about 16% of the population. My brother even went further to estimate that the number of household would only be 400K and not 1.312Mil.

Is UMNO trying to pull another fast one on us?

3) Free Laptop for for textbook-free initiative and free higher education for B40 children

If I use the 3.3Mil for B40 again, assuming there are 3 children in each family. This leads to 3 sets of notebooks (I assume it is notebook and not chrome) which cost around MYR3,000 each for entry level. This will sum up to MYR29Bil!

This, is a large sum of money, even Singapore won't dare to give away notebook, they initiated co-payment for a cheaper chrome book, iPad or Tablet. Malaysia must be DIRT RICH!

It also never mentions if the notebook will be replaced or up graded after a few years, considering obsoletion is common. That will lead to a much larger sum.

as for fees for higher education, I have to put an assumption of MYR5,000 per year for normal course and only 1.5 children reach this level. That will be another MYR74Mil!

This is just an estimation, but such subsidies will cost the country about MYR29,074Mil. on top of 9.4Bil. 

4) 5G available in all schools

This is irrelevant, upgrade to 5G is definite a go in the future, but it will be done by service provider, not the government. 

Furthermore, isn't WIFI a better option for school? You do not need a sim card to connect your notebook to the internet when WIFI is available.

These are the main highlights of their manifesto. I am definitely not interested.

To start with, if I have left for another country and with offspring, I have found a better place, since no matter where I go, I am only a second-class citizen, but it is still better than Malaysia since I know I won't be milked to support government giving out of freebies.

Hasn't the Malay realized by now it is these freebies that is causing the Malay to keep going backward while other races, no matter what hardship they experience as a result of unfair treatment due to their race, they are progressing.?

I would rather see reform to the school system when they train students to be strong in science and math instead of ideological agenda of Bahasa Malaysia prioritization. Remove the unequal treatment of quote system and discriminatory standards of SRP and SPM for non-Malay.

It is not doing the Malay a favor at all. You give a person a fish, he eats for a day, you teach him to fish, he will live on.

May be you have not yet notice, but the country is already deep in debt, are you going to keep stretching your hands out until Malaysia announce bankrupt on day?

Lastly, let me show you a great manifesto.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home